Glen L Design 24 foot Hercules

Glen L Design 24 foot Hercules
"There is nothing--absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome
I would like to share my journey with you as I complete this project. I am sure there will be some interesting times ahead and I hope you will be interested enough to share with me.

I have recently purchased this 70% completed Glen L - Ken Hankinson design Hercules Trawler Tug. Have a look at this link http://www.glen-l.com/designs/cruiser/hercules.html

The boat build had remained static for some years and never been completed so therefore has not made it to the water.

This photo shows the boat the day it arrived at my house.
I had it transported by tilt tray which was easy as it came with the slip trailer

I bought the boat from a Col at Martins Creek. He was unsure of the history of the boat other than he had purchased it from Morpeth. The boat came with 3 box trailer loads of bits and piesces including tanks, steering gear, bollards ... the list goes on. Some bits and pieces were new but it appears someone had collected a lot of the fittings from a donar boat (which must have been maroon in colour). Suits me fine .... I like the idea of recycling

Included was an Isuzu 4FB1 Diesel which had not yet been marinised and a  Borg Warner Velvet Drive AS2-72N wit 1-1. The box and motor were seperate items so made the decision to post them on Ebay and seek a suitable motor/gearbox combination

No comments:

Post a Comment