Glen L Design 24 foot Hercules

Glen L Design 24 foot Hercules
"There is nothing--absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

Sunday 8 January 2012

Extensions .....

Once I had the boat inside my tempory shelter, I realised I was a bit cramped and had no room for my table .... so the only answer was to extend. My son Charles helped me construct a simple frame which we have covered with Poly tarp to provide a waterproof solution
We also constructed a platform which marries up with the transom to gain access through the transom to the boat. We used simple cheap pine for the frame and a transport pallet for the deck. I had som 600mm (2 foot) wide pine planks which I used for the stringers of the stairs ... this provided a challenge as they had considerable warp to them.

So now I have a platform with some storage and bench space and stairs to gain access, all I need is to complete some storage racks for timber, boat bits etc and I can rip into it

 One morning John noticed something floating towards the deserted island that had become his home 
since the ship sank six months ago.

As the object came closer, he realized that it was a large barrel. He very soon thereafter realized that hanging on to the barrel was a very scantily clad woman. 
In fact she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

Arriving on shore the woman left the barrel and slowly and suggestively walked towards John. 
She whispered into John's ear, " I have something you want!"

John broke into a dead run towards to breaking waves yelling, 
"Don't tell me you've got beer in that barrel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment